Faster To Any-Sized Disaster
SERVPRO of Pinehurst/Moore & Montgomery Counties offers 24-hour emergency services and will be faster to any size disaster in Pinehurst/Moore or Montgomery Counties! We have the proper certifications and equipment to respond to your restorative or cleaning jobs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Services
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in The Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Call us if you have questions! (910)-428-5280
If your Pinehurst/Moore & Montgomery Counties home needs emergency response or upholstery cleaning, you can count on us. Our technicians have the right amount of training to make your property shine. Our residential services include:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
Maybe your commercial property in Pinehurst/Moore & Montgomery Counties is in need of the same services. Every hour you spend repairing is another hour of lost revenue. Let our highly trained, specialized technicians respond promptly to get your commercial property looking it's best! Learn more about our commercial services.
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
Surviving A Power Outage Due to a Natural Event
As anyone knows, the weather can be unpredictable in the coming months. Sometimes, this can mean you and your family may have to survive without common luxuries for up to 72 hours following a power outage. It could take from a few hours to a few days for disaster relief to reach you due to road conditions. Emergency supplies for such an event may include:
- Flashlights (enough for each family member)
- Battery-operated radio or clock
- Extra batteries
- Bottled water
- Canned, freeze-dried, or dehydrated food
- Powdered milk and other infant supplies
- Non-electric can opener
- List of important phone numbers
- First aid kit
Before a disaster occurs, stocking up on all listed above will ensure that your family has the proper supplies during a power outage. Supplemental information is also available at www.ready.gov
We Work With Your Insurance Provider!
Here at SERVPRO, customer service means we make continuous efforts to ensure all parties involved are satisfied with our service. We work closely with your insurance agent, adjuster, and carrier to make sure all parties are properly informed about the remediation services we provide. This will ensure that progress is made with your claim.
Satisfied customers are repeat customers! Customer and business loyalty is provided to each and every home owner, business owner, and insurance company we contact. By maintaining contact with your insurance company, SERVPRO employees are ensuring that our work was satisfactory and all parties are happy with our services. One bad review can easily cancel out the "good outcomes" of a job, and we strive to make sure that doesn't happen!
Trained & Certified Restoration Specialists
Our staff is specially trained in commercial and residential damage restoration. Initial and ongoing training are offered at SERVPRO’s Corporate Training Facility, as well as IIRC industry certification. Combined with our technicians’ experience, we are well equipped to restore your property to its’ former glory. Our training program includes:
- The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
- Employee Certification Training
- Initial Franchise Training
- Continuing Education Classes
The IICRC – or The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification sets standards for the cleaning and restoration companies. Our technicians educate themselves on IICRC standards and their best practices. These practices include water restoration, fire restoration, mold remediation, carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, and several other courses.
Employee Certification Training
Designed for SERVPRO employees, the Employee Certification Training is a voluntary, self-paced program. Certification is awarded after completion of course materials and an accumulative exam of said materials. Modules can include:
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
- Crew Training
- Fire Restoration
- Water Restoration
Initial Franchise Training
New Franchise owners are often the focus of this 15-day, hands-on course at the SERVPRO Corporate Training Facility. Restoration topics can include:
- Fire Restoration
- Water Restoration
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
- Mold Remediation
Each staff member here at SERVPRO has access to our web-based training. An on-going, self-paced voluntary program used to coach our employees. Following a module of video presentations and supportive materials, a knowledge test is given, keeping our staff up to date on the latest industry standards.
SERVPRO offers credit and non-credit classes insurance agents, insurance adjusters, real estate professionals, and SERVPRO staff. These programs are meant to help prepare for emergency mitigation.
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Understanding Mold in The Restoration Industry
- Restorative-Drying for Loss Control
- Mitigation Awareness Response Seminar (non-credit course)
Call SERVPRO of Pinehurst/Montgomery & Moore Counties today for any of your biohazard, mold, fire, or water damage needs! 910-428-5280
Spring Tips for Your Home or Business
The warm breeze of spring is always welcome after a cold, rainy North Carolina winter. Now is the time to do routine maintenance on your home or business before April showers get here. You don’t want to realize you have a leaky roof when there’s water pouring through your ceiling.
To help, we’ve created a simple guide to get your home ready for the spring season.
- Clean Your Gutters
- Clogged gutters can cause a wood trim to rot, so cleaning it before spring helps prevent any further damage from spring rains.
- Reseal Exterior Woodwork
- Decks, fences, railings, pergolas, or any other exterior wooden structures will last longer and remain in better condition if they’re stained or resealed every year or two. This is an opportunity for any repairs to woodwork, as well as checking any exterior wooden structures for termites.
- Inspect Your Roof
- Storms can damage your roof quite thoroughly. By doing a simple visual inspection to check for missing shingles, damaged metal piping, or anything that may need repair, you may be saving yourself future time and money. If you find any damages, call a professional rather than attempting dangerous DIY work.
- Check Sprinkler & Irrigation System
- Run through the zones manually and check for any damaged or broken sprinkler heads. It’s also essential to check for any sprinklers facing the house or windows. If you do not know how to maintain a sprinkler system, call a professional for anything that needs repair or adjustments.
- Check screens and windows
- Making sure that screen doors or windows remain intact year-round, you’re preventing bugs from entering your home during the warmer months. Screen repair kits are available at most hardware or home improvement stores.
Fire Damage Can Continue to Affect Your Property
The damage to your home or commercial property doesn't end after the fire has been put out or after firefighters leave your home. Damage may result from water being used to put out the fire or fire extinguisher residue. Our highly trained technicians use specific techniques to restore and mitigate any damage to your property.
The fire damage restoration process begins the moment you call us here at SERVPRO (910-428-5280). We at SERVPRO understand your commercial or residential property is important and needs an immediate response. Our representatives may ask you questions so we're able to respond with the proper equipment and resources. The extension of damage is determined by a careful scope of the building, noting any soot, fire, or smoke damage. This helps us form a plan of action.
What We Can Do to Help
Fires may compromise the integrity of any roofs, walls, windows, or ceilings that have been affected. We offer immediate roof-tarp and board-up solutions which ensure the structure can be maintained and minimize any further damages. If water is present we use appropriate water removal techniques such as air movers or dehumidifiers.
Often, soot particles mix with water and seep into hard to reach areas, which can cause a change in odor. Our technicians are trained to locate and eliminate any offending odors through deodorization. If able, we can remove any decomposing material. Most often, we target the odors with thermal foggers, which targets any foul smelling molecules and neutralizes them.
Call SERVPRO of Pinehurst/Moore & Montgomery Counties today to have your property returned to its pre-fire state!
Storm Damage in Pinehurst/Moore & Montgomery
Severe weather can take a toll on the exterior of your home or commercial business. This can lead to serious problems even after te storm has passed, such as microbial growth, worsening existing leaks, or creating new ones. This is why the SERVPRO has technicians available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
With the storm behind you, here are three challenges that may preset themselves:
- Roof Damage: Roofs can be damaged during any inclement weather, although storms represent specific damages. Storms can bring torrential rains, heavy winds, snow, and even hail. Moisture can worsen weak areas on your roof, and strong winds can remove shingles or cause visible damage.
- Window Damage: Windows are vulnerable during storm weather, especially older ones that have not been properly sealed or weather-stripped. Moisture can seep into unsealed areas around a window and create a leak or cause rot in the wood surrounding it. Any carpeting or rugs near the window could also be damaged and form microbial growth. Basement or ground level windows are especially vulnerable and can lead to flooded basements and damaged property.
- Clogged Gutters: Gutters are not the most interesting problem to occur from storm damage, nor are they a home or business owners first concern after a storm. Rain can wash all kinds of debris into the gutters and they may no longer be able to drain properly. The excess weight of debris can also damage your home.
Storm damage can affect more than just exterior of your home; it can affect your building's foundation. Post-storm, take a walk around your property and investigate any damages you may see if appropriate. Call us at SERVPRO of Pinehurst/Moore & Montgomery Counties to restore your property today! (910)-428-5280.
Restoration After A Storm
Every North Carolinian knows the weather can be unpredictable and occasionally cause damage to your home. SERVPRO can’t stop the weather, but we can help repair any damages done by aggressive weather. Restoring your commercial or residential property post storm may include:
- Inspection and Water Damage Assessment
- Our highly trained technicians determine the scope of damage by inspecting and testing your property. We do this to determine how far the moisture has traveled and give you the best restoration services.
- Water Removal/Extraction
- Hundreds or thousands of gallons of water may be removed from your property by using our specialized pumps and vacuums during this part of the process. Water Removal/Extraction is started as soon as possible to prevent further damage to your home.
- Drying and Dehumidifying
- After most of the water has been removed, SERVPRO professionals will detect and remove any lasting, hard-to-find water. Dehumidifying and drying is less labor-intensive and more methodical than other methods of water removal.
- Cleaning and Sanitation
- SERVPRO can also restore many belongings that were affected by water damage, such as furniture, clothing, or personal items. This is done by using several specialized cleaning techniques. Restorable items are also sanitized with antimicrobial treatments and odors are removed with air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
Remember, this process can only begin after calling SERVPRO of Pinehurst/Moore & Montgomery Counties. Give us a call today! 910-428-5280
Tips on Preventing Storm Damage
Stop The Storm Before It Arrives
SERVPRO of Pinehurst/Moore & Montgomery Counties is prepared to help local businesses and residents with their storm damaged properties. Recent storms may have caused a burst pipe or flooding on your property, which our trained specialists are ready to respond to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have the training, equipment, and experience to restore and mitigate any storm damage done to your commercial or residential property. SERVPRO uses unique extraction and inspection equipment to get your property back to normal, while closely monitoring the drying process.
What To Do Pre-Storm
-Cover all windows with plywood or hurricane shutters
-Bring in any lawn furniture, decorations, trash cans, and anything that is not tied down.
-Close all shutters
-Keep gutters clean
-Fix any drainage problems near/on property to reduce flooding and standing water
Above all, safety comes first. If it is unsafe to return or leave your property, remain where you are. If you're in immediate danger, call emergency services. When you need any damages repaired - or want to be assured your property hasn't suffered any storm damage - call SERVPRO of Pinehurst/Moore & Montgomery Counties. (910)-428-5280
Despite Your Best Efforts, Storm Damage Occured
At SERVPRO of Pinehurst/Moore & Montgomery Counties, we know the weather can be unpredictable, which is why we have highly trained technicians standing by 24 hours a day, & days a week. Knowing what to do after your commercial or residential property is damaged by a storm could save you time and money on costly repairs.
Safety Comes First
Be aware of any possible damage inside your property, such as a collapsed roof, window damage, collapsed walls, or standing water. Furthermore, the water can soak into furniture, carpeting, clothing, and building material to create mold, which can cause health issues. It's best to address water damage as soon as possible.
Turn off your gas line if you smell gas. Look for any broken glass, exposed nails, or sharp debris on your property. If possible, find an alternative place of residence, as your property may no longer be in living condition.
Photograph the Damages
Although SERVPRO will have electronics on hand to photograph the damage on your commercial or residential property, you should also take pictures if it's safe to do so. This will ensure that the insurance company will mitigate any damages.
Contact Your Insurance Company Immediately
Contact your insurance agency as soon as possible and notify them of the damages. The company will send an adjustor to identify the extent of the damages so payments for repairs can be made.