Recent Mold Remediation Posts
Tips for mold damage!
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
Have a Mold Problem? Call Today (910)-428-5280
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact a SERVPRO Franchise Professional for mold remediation services.
What NOT to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Removal vs. Mold Remediation
Since microscopic mold spores exist naturally almost everywhere, indoor and outdoor, removing all mold from a home or business is impossible. Many restoration business advertise "mold removal" and even guarantee to remove all the mold. This is a fallacy. We understand that mold and mold growth. SERVPRO of Pinehurst, Moore, & Montgomery has the training and expertise to re-mediate the mold in your home or business.
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same.
- Contact SERVPRO of Pinehurst, Moore, & Montgomery!
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Content and Belongings
How Water Damage Can Create a Mold Issue in Your Home!
Water damage inside the drywall can cause mold. Call SERVPRO at the first sign of water damage.
The goal during any water damage situation is to remove moisture as quickly as possible and preferably within 48 hours so that fungi cannot form. When your home in Raleigh gets negatively affected by moisture, professional companies like SERVPRO can help reduce the severity of the issues created. In most cases, we speed up the natural evaporation and drying process by utilizing air movers and dehumidifiers. The air movers create air flow so that water keeps evaporating from wet surfaces while dehumidifiers remove moisture from the air and provide the fans with hot, dry air. However, when certain building materials receive water damage, other measures must be taken to drop moisture levels and prevent mold growth quickly.
When water leaks into your home, it usually accumulates on the floor first. Then, it soaks into your drywall and starts to wick its way up your walls, possibly causing extensive water damage to your home. If wall cavities get wet, fungi can form on the paper backing of the drywall and the wooden studs to which the drywall is attached. In some scenarios, our SERVPRO technicians cut the drywall a foot or two up from the floor so that air can get pushed into the wall cavity. In other situations, we use advanced technology to dry out the drywall and the wood trapped behind it without tearing up your walls.
When your walls get wet, we often use injectidry systems to get air behind the drywall material by drilling holes into your drywall. We then connect the tubes coming from the injectidry unit to the holes in the walls so that the machine pushes air into the wall cavity, thus speeding up the drying process. The use of injection drying can save you and your insurance company the cost of replacing a large amount of drywall.
Our highly trained team always strives hard to provide fast 24/7 service if you ever suffer a property disaster. If you ever notice that your drywall got wet after a water leak, Contact Us here at SERVPRO of Pinehurst, Moore & Montgomery.
New Year! New tips!
From our SERVPRO family to yours at home, we wish you a Happy New Year!
With the ball dropping us into a new year, this is a great time to learn more tips and tricks to practice throughout 2019 to prevent damages to your home.
-Cook with caution and never leave any turned-on stoves unattended.
-Have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen
-Clean out your dryer vent often and remove any lint after each load. This will also help your clothes dry faster!
-Hire an inspector. This will ensure that your house has a lower chance of catching on fire. You might save a lot of money and time by taking safety precautions.
Bursting Frozen pipes
-Always keep the heat on even if you are on vacation. Leaving your thermostat around 50 degrees Fahrenheit can prevent your pipes from freezing.
-Leave cabinet doors open to allow warm air to reach the pipes.
-Allow your faucet to drip a little during cold days to release the pressure.
-Dry out a wet area properly. If the damaged area is too large or in areas that cannot be easily accessible, you can Contact Us to mitigate the damaged area.
-Add a dehumidifier to your house to remove extra moisture.
-As soon as you have found mold, call a professional to remediate the mold.
SERVPRO of Pinehurst / Moore & Montgomery Counties can assist you with any of these damages. It is best to Contact Us as soon as possible, to prevent the damage from increasing.