Spring Tips for Your Home or Business
The warm breeze of spring is always welcome after a cold, rainy North Carolina winter. Now is the time to do routine maintenance on your home or business before April showers get here. You don’t want to realize you have a leaky roof when there’s water pouring through your ceiling.
To help, we’ve created a simple guide to get your home ready for the spring season.
- Clean Your Gutters
- Clogged gutters can cause a wood trim to rot, so cleaning it before spring helps prevent any further damage from spring rains.
- Reseal Exterior Woodwork
- Decks, fences, railings, pergolas, or any other exterior wooden structures will last longer and remain in better condition if they’re stained or resealed every year or two. This is an opportunity for any repairs to woodwork, as well as checking any exterior wooden structures for termites.
- Inspect Your Roof
- Storms can damage your roof quite thoroughly. By doing a simple visual inspection to check for missing shingles, damaged metal piping, or anything that may need repair, you may be saving yourself future time and money. If you find any damages, call a professional rather than attempting dangerous DIY work.
- Check Sprinkler & Irrigation System
- Run through the zones manually and check for any damaged or broken sprinkler heads. It’s also essential to check for any sprinklers facing the house or windows. If you do not know how to maintain a sprinkler system, call a professional for anything that needs repair or adjustments.
- Check screens and windows
- Making sure that screen doors or windows remain intact year-round, you’re preventing bugs from entering your home during the warmer months. Screen repair kits are available at most hardware or home improvement stores.